(Don’t worry, we both know this and he glazes over when I go on about my stuff too)
However, he was just explaining to me that grapevines flourish in particular environments. The health and yield are affected by latitude, rainfall, sunlight, temperature, soil, growth cycle and two or three thousand other components. Collectively, these determine the quality and value of the wine, and the longevity of the vines. I began to make a connection between grapevines and pretty much everything else! I’ve been applying the grapevine principle to aspects of people, relationships, businesses and all the dark corners of reality creation. What I learned is that it is VERY helpful to understand just how much rainfall it takes to nourish your particular grapevine. You might just be trying to grow your grapes in an environment that isn’t optimal!
Try this out on an aspect of your reality, and let me know what you learn!
We’re looking for optimal nourishment here, exactly what it takes to achieve maximum yield. AND I’m speaking metaphorically, so allow the metaphors to lead you in the direction of your own alignment:
1. Name your grape- relationship, career, holiday plans, etc.
What is it you want to create?
2. Latitude- the distance between the Earth’s poles and the equator. What is the perfect balance for your grape to thrive?
3. Growth cycle- consider the phases of growth from the idea/desire to the experience. Each piece needs consideration: Planting, sprouting, growth/maturing, harvest, rest…..What’s the best support for each phase?
4. Soil- Nourishment? Sustenance? Solid foundation? What’s the ideal growing medium for your grapevine to take hold?
5. Rainfall- Cooling? Cleaning? Rejuvenating? What rings a bell for you?
Experiment with the metaphors to find the most promising and comforting parameters for your grapes to thrive. Have fun! And please share your wine!